Real Estate Agents are an Asset in Pre-Construction Purchases
If you are looking to buy pre-construction in Wake, Orange, Chatham, or Durham County make sure that you are represented by a real estate professional. A real estate agent is looking out for your personal needs whereas a builder is looking out for what is best for them. They can help to smooth the rough patches of building a home and help elleviate any stresses that may present themselves. Here are other ways a real estate professional can be helpful to you in your pre-construction purchase:
- Just as a real estate professional calls on experience and knowledge of an area to help buyers locate pre-owned homes in a community, he or she can also direct buyers interested in newly built homes to developments and communities that match client specifications. With over a 100 different pre-construction subdivisions this is important because every subdivision can differ in amenities, location, builders, and HOA.
- An agent can suggest builders based on their reputation for delivering a high-quality product, responding quickly to issues, and being financially sound.
- An agent may be familiar with how a builder prices his products and where there may be room to negotiate price or upgrades.
- When relocating to a new area, agents can be particularly valuable resources. In addition to providing local area information regarding schools, day care or elder care services, public transportation, proposed development, and so on, once construction is under way, an agent can periodically stop by the work site, supply you with progress reports, and photograph or videotape phases of the construction.
- An agent can assist you as you face hundreds of design choices and consider which upgrades could potentially add value to the home when it comes time to sell.
- An agent can accompany you at the site while you okay the plumbing and electrical locations prior to drywalling, as well as on the walk-through or builder orientation.
Hopefully you can see the value of a real estate agent even in a pre-construction sale. Allow them to represent your best interests so that you are happy with a home to live in for years to come!
Looking to buy or sell a home in the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Pittsboro, Cary, Apex, Garner, Hillsborough, Wake Forest, Knightdale, Clayton or any of the Triangle communities, we are here to help. Please consider us your Triangle Experts in all things Real Estate. Looking for great tips about Raleigh area real estate check out BenPasswaters.com